When people are asked why they decided to move to Sydney, the answer is usually related to job and career opportunities that city has to offer. However, when they are asked why they decided to stay, the answers become numerous and diverse as the people you ask. Read more
The only thing better than a wedding party is a wedding party in New York. The Big Apple has one of the world’s most amazing venues, a specific velocity that sticks with you, and a vibe that never wears off. Whether you live in New York or you’re daring enough to make a destination wedding party there, there are a few things you should take in mind. Read more
UK Bingo is becoming increasingly famous these days, with numerous celebrities worldwide playing on different sites. This type of entertainment is attractive to online players as it is easily accessible, letting players start their game plays once they have register. Read more
If you travel as much as most of us would like to, then you know that depending on where you go, having the things you need and want to take care of yourself, with is necessary for a comfortable trip whether it be for business or pleasure. Allow me to give you a few ideas of how to make things flow a little smoother. Read more
It is said that people who have the habit of reading are always in the company of great thinkers. It is also important that the reading habit is cultivated at a very tender age. Reading is not only an effective way to spend the leisure time, but also the best way to improve a child’s command over the language as well as enhance knowledge. Read more
Dubbed as the adventure capital speaks a lot about Cairns as a very special place in Australia. Definitely, Cairns is home to several natural wonders both land and sea and considered as one of the country’s legitimate holiday destinations. Read more
It’s perhaps not a very pleasant thought to entertain, but one which is indeed necessary to at least make provision for, that being preparing for one of the worst things that could happen to a traveller in getting into trouble with the law while you’re abroad. You should at least have a plan, however slight that plan may be, but you should definitely not write it off completely as something that could simply never happen to you as a law abiding citizen with nothing but good intentions all round. Read more
It’s a girls’ trip to do girls things with your best friends and we are going to one of the most popular tourist destinations in the south of Thailand: Phuket. The island of Phuket makes a great holiday destination for a girl-themed holiday, with lots of fun things to do for you all! There is always something to see, places to visit and somewhere to dance to make this trip just perfect. Here are 9 girls’ things to do in Phuket: Read more
Taking the family pet along on a trip can be a lot of fun. The kids often enjoy having the dog come along when we take trips, they can spend a good hour just throwing a ball with our dog Max (and gives us a welcome break too!). Unfortunately, from what I’ve heard and have found out, many pet owners begin the trip unprepared for what lies ahead and the dog, the family, and the vacation all suffer as a result. Here are eight things to keep in mind when you are planning a trip with the family dog.
- You need to have a crate available on your trip to put your dog in when it can’t be roaming about. Don’t make the mistake of using a crate that is too small. Your pup may have to be left in the crate for an extended period and should at least be able to get up and move around a little.
- A visit to the vet is a good idea before a trip. Some carriers and hotels require a certification of good health from a vet when travelling by plane.
- Some people give their dogs tranquillizers to keep them calm during travel, but this is not a good idea. The pet is already agitated, and these drugs can cause heart and respiratory problems. If you’re travelling by air, some airlines even require you to confirm that the dog has not been given any drugs before they will allow them to board.
- Make sure your dog’s ID tag and chip are up to date in case they get lost or are stolen. Also, if hotels become suspicious of your relationship to the dog, you may need to confirm the information.
- If you are travelling during times of extreme temperatures, consider leaving your pet behind. Consult your vet if you are unsure whether your pet can handle the trip. If you must travel with the pet, choose a travel time that minimises exposure to the extreme temperatures; early in the morning or at night will help to beat the heat and during the day to beat the cold.
- If travelling by car with your pet, don’t let them stick their head out the window. At high speeds, a small piece of debris can easily injure or blind a dog. Reserve this treat for more leisurely drives at slower paces and with little obstructions.
- Keep in mind that airbags can injure or kill dogs just like children. If your car is equipped with a passenger side airbag, make the dog ride in the back seat or switch the airbag off.
- It’s best for your pet to travel on an empty stomach. Give them only water for a few hours before the trip. This will help avoid nausea and unwanted bowel movements.
Which Airlines allow Pets?
If you are choosing not to enjoy a holiday in the UK and are instead taking your pet abroad, there are certain airlines which allow pets in transit. British Airways allow them to travel in the cabin, while most others will allow pets to be checked into the hold as long as appropriate documents are provided.
Travelling abroad with a pet can cause a great amount of distress to them during the journey. If you are thinking of taking a pet friendly holiday, consider dog friendly cottages in the UK first. iKnow-UK always has fantastic offers on accommodation around the country, we’ve used them a few times now. Thanks to the increase in demand for pet friendly holidays, lots of hotels now offer pet friendly options and rooms in a range of locations.
The holidays are already stressful enough, the parties, gift giving, house guests, and all the events for the kids. Add to that mix traveling, and it can be enough to put you over the edge. But, it does not have to be that way. There are some simple, easy things you can do to make traveling a breeze and stress-free! Read more